Virtually everything we know about the Universe comes from observations of light. LIGO and other gravitational wave detectors promise to open a new window into the Universe.
Supervisor Profiles & Available Research Projects
- Theory of gravitational waves radiated by neutron stars and black holes: new sources for LIGO
- Gravitational waves from supernova explosions
- Signal templates and algorithms for gravitational wave data analysis
- Searches for inflationary gravitational waves
- Data analysis for large-area CMB polarization surveys